Mustard seeds can be regarded as a wholesome package of health.
1. Mustard seeds are good source of selenium, which is known for its antiinflammatory
effects. Selenium is nutrient that helps in reducing the
severity of asthma, certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and even cancer.
2. The oil extract from mustard seeds has an incredible property of
lowering high blood pressure.
3. Mustards seed and mustard oil also helps prevent heart attacks and
diabetic heart disease, thus making it the most preferred oil,
recommended by doctors and dieticians alike.
4. Mustard seeds have proven to be hopeful in reducing the frequency of
5. Consuming these is known to help women suffering from distorted.
6. Mustard seed contain a lot of phytonutrients called glucosinolates. They
also boast of myrosinase enzymes, which can break glucosinolate into
other phytonutrients called isothiocyanates, known to have anti-cancer
7. The seeds prove to be a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, iron,
manganese, zinc, protein, calcium, dietary fibre and niacin.
8. Mustard seeds are a good source of magnesium, which help reduce the
9. Severity of asthma, lower blood pressure and prevent heart attacks in
patience. Suffering from arteriosclerosis or diabetic, heart disease.
10. The magnesium in mustard seeds also help in sleeping up metabolism of
the body, hence improving digestion.
11. Mustard seeds are known to have antibacterial, antiseptic as well as
anti fungal properties.
12. Consuming mustard seeds can help people with lack of appetite, when
taken with milk, 15 minutes before the meal.
13. Massaging your scalp with mustard oil will help you to substantially
improve your hair quality and prevent the hair loss.